Friday 1 June 2012

Samsung S3 Hands-on: What I Love About S3

I managed to get my hands on one of the new S3 demos, and it turn out to be a pleasant ride.

So, what do I like about S3? Well of course, the speedy Quad Core engine make navigation super smooth. The 4.8 AMOLED HD display is sharp and vibrant, kinda tempted me to lick it! The camera, though still remains 8MP, does feature some improvement. First of all, it features 20 shot burst mode which intelligently capture and select the best shot for you. Also included is the ability to capture emergency shots while you are in the middle of recording video. Another amazing thing about S3's camera is that both front and back camera share the same 8MP lens. This means that we can use both sides to capture high quality photographs, another reason for you to consider S3 over iPhone 4S. One last favourite feature of mine is the ability to continue playing video in smaller column while I want to reply a mail or browse the web. The instant pause palm gesture is also considered quite intuitive.

That's all I like about S3. Though there are more so-called intelligent features like eye tracking and new voice control, etc.; for me, those are just marketing gimmicks that will soon be forgotten.

p.s. The design of the phone is not as nice as it seems in the advertisement, and it feels even more plasticky when I hold it on my palms. So, do check your nearby Samsung retail stores before you make any decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment