Friday 30 December 2011

How to perform a Full Discharge On iPad2?

Alright, this is kind of a last minute post, but I think it's really important for me to this, so...here I am, typing under the bright, lonely table lamp. Basically, this post is about iPad2 battery maintenance. I know there's always a debate out there arguing what is the proper way to perform a complete discharge cycle on an iPad. I am not saying that my way is the best, but I am pretty sure that I am on the right track, so just wanna share with you guys.

There are 3 steps. Just 3 steps. Piece of cake! First, turn on your iPad, do your usual stuff, surf net, read some books, watch some movies...as in my case, I read 3 nice books and played Asphalt Adrenaline 6 for couple of hours, unlocked few cars and tuning kits, and at last check some updates through Flipboard...until the low battery warning appeared (usually below 15%). Sounds like fun right?

Step 2, I turn on my Kingsoft Battery Doctor App, FREE of course! I tap on the charging button at the sidebar. This app will guide you throughout the full charge, ensuring that you do it the proper way.

The last step, which is also the MOST important step, plug-in your iPad2 to the original 10W charger. Turn on the power switch and all you need to do is wait until the app instructs you to stop charging.

That's it! As simple as that! Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. There's nothing this App can do for Your battery. There is no chance for an IOS Apps to influence the way Your device's battery is loading. The only thing what this app can do for You is recording when You've loaded to keep track if a full cycle is neccessary or not. An giving some good charging hints, which also are documented by Apple ;) ... but nevertheless, I use it too, when charging, to have an eye on my charges ;) .. for that, it's a nice app ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do exactly as you said and it never registers a full-cycle charge. A lot of the time I have to charge to full, leave discharge fully, then charge to full again before it will register. Anybody else having this prob with this app?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Full Cycle means one continous battery charge from < 20% to fully 100%. To do that, just open battery doctor, when charge is below 20% ( I use 18% , because smaller values aren't very good for Your battery ). Once the 'Battery Doctor' is started, plug in the power charger of Your device. When clicking on "charging" in the menu, You can see the 3 loading states as mentioned in the picture above. Wait for trickle charging has ended to fully 100% . You can switch the App in the background, use Your device while loading, or switch it into sleep mode. As long 'Battery Doctor' is running in the background, there is no need to let Your iDevice turend on while charging. All these steps are also done by IOS, without using a battery app. As long You make shure, to begin chargin with a value <20%, and let it charge at least about 4 hours. Longer charging cycles can decrease Your batteries capacity. Do a full cycle once a month, to let IOS recalibrate it's charging behaviour. Have Phun ^^

      Delete