Thursday 29 December 2011

Epic's Top 10: iOS Apps that Rock My World

Once in a while, something special will emerge, and change people's life. It can be something insignificant, something small, yet those small stuff that you might not even pay attention to, are the ones that change your life. In this special day of new year's eve, I want to share with you some awesome apps that I never thought of removing from my iPad2.

1. Flipboard

Our champion here is Flipboard, though I have also tried many other beautiful news apps like Zite, Google Currents, Pulse, etc. Nothing can beat the awesomeness of Flipboard. My favourite feature is the pinch to "zoom in & out", which make reading much more fun!

2. Blogger+

Since Blogger has never bother to create an app for iPad, I'm forced to seek for something else. Blogger+ with its cheap price tag of $2.99 and practical functionality stands out from the rest, which are basically more pricey and not necessarily better. Blogger+ allows me to do a lot of blogging outdoor, when I am too lazy to carry my laptop with me.

3. Evernote

I can never live without Evernote, basically because it stores and sync all my unfinished blog drafts to my laptop efficiently. Web clipping is also a must, letting me save interesting web articles for offline reading.

4. Keynote

Being an educator and a fan of beautiful presentation, I can never settle with plain and boring slide shows. Apple Keynote really inspires me a lot. My English lesson will never be amazing without Keynote.


5. Dictionary

The simple name and layout of this app blend perfectly into iOS, and the definitions are direct and comprehensive. I've never love a dictionary app so much, and it's the one and only dictionary that I've ever recommended on My Tech, My Life.

6. Skype

Despite the emergence of zillions of video conferencing app, Skype is still my personal preference. The comprehensive interface and excellent connectivity makes it thick, and its capability of letting me do both video call and messaging at the same moment makes me use it more frequently than Facetime.

7. Toy Story Read-Along

Toy Story means a lot to my childhood. It's the first 3D animation movie I've watched in my life and Sheriff Woody is still my dream toy till today!

8. Gelaskin

I seldom change my home screen wallpaper to something other than the default iPad wallpaper, mainly due to my fussiness on the design. I don't want anything ugly to spoil the beauty of my iPad. The only wallpaper that stays long enough on my home screen is the portrait of Steve Jobs. Since I discovered Gelaskin, everything change. Now I can enjoy my favourite wallpaper, "The Enamored Whale" by Alberto CerriteƱo, and I don't think I will take it down for the next few months.

9. Better Weather

If you key in "weather" at the App Store search bar, countless of results will appear. Yet, in my opinion, nothing can stand a chance to compete with "Better Weather", which offer not just weather, but also gorgeous graphic. I bet you will find the ability to change the position of the floating clouds and sun pretty addictive, lol.

10. SoundHound

I have short term memory, that's an undeniable fact. I always have problem remembering the name of my favourite tunes. SoundHound is the one that help me to listen and identify the name of the songs, so that it's easier for me to browse for their lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment