Saturday 7 January 2012

Too "Lag" to be True

CloudOn...hmmm, I was struggling while rating this app. Yes, it's supposed to gain our "amazing" status, since the developer created something extraordinary, a productive app that let you do unbelievable stuff. I mean, seriously, how many of us can ever imagine getting 3 of Microsoft Office's most valuable assets (Words, Excel, Power Point) for free on iPad? Seriously? Yeap, the testing proves that developer keeps his promises. The app allows you to create, edit, and save Office documents, with absolutely no charges. The only thing you need is a valid Dropbox account.

But why am I hesitating? Why doesn't it get "My Tech, My Life's" recommendation? I noticed the biggest drawback of this app once I launched the app. What? I can't create Word Document without internet connection?? Okay, I told myself to cool down, this app is free, and it's a cloud based system. Alright, I forgive them. But wait! What!? The thing I HATE the most...it is extremely LAGGY! It takes up to 3 seconds for words to appear after I type, and the buttons are so irresponsive. Every tap on buttons take seconds to load, and page scrolling & zooming are so slow!

Verdict: It might be a good idea for CloudOn developer to come out with something useful like this, but it's really not practical to require network connection to create and edit Office Doc. What if there's suddenly a network interruption? Can you imagine all your work evaporate into thin air after you spend hours working on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment