Thursday 26 January 2012

Percussive: Unleash Your Inner Talent

I'm not a musical type of person myself, even with Garageband, which is known as one of the greatest innovation in the app development history. I just can't enjoy the real excitement of having that $4.99 app in my iPad, besides faking my talent through the "smart" instruments included. Well, today I found something, an app that really mean a lot to me, and it's called "Percussive". I know there many more great applications out there, but this app is amazing, at least for a non-musically gifted person like me. With a moderate price tag of $1.99, this app is what you need as a kick start to awake your inner talent! The paid full version gives you 5 types of percussion instruments, including Glockenspiel, Marimba, Vibraphone, Xylophone, and Kalimba. THE BEST thing that these instruments offered are the notes (in the form of alphabets) clearly crafted on every piece of key on each instrument. This helps ordinary people like me to arrange the notes into a proper piece of music.

Verdict: The only drawback I found from this app is its inability to record the music that I played. In order to produce a sample of the music I played, I've to use a mini microphone attached to my laptop instead. For your information, there is also a free but limited version with only 1 instrument available, for those who want to tryout before purchase, you can do so.
Here is something I've done for fun using this app together with a cheap microphone, hope you guys enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoy playing it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment