Friday 20 July 2012

Can Google Drive finally Takedown Dropbox this time?

Google is everywhere, in our map, email, browser, and even in our cloud storage. But this is thing they have been talking about, about Google's Google Drive being able to replace Dropbox, by far the one of the most popular cloud storage, in our iPad and iPhone. But, how true is that?

For one thing I can say as a Dropbox user, the ease of uploading photos and videos onto its database, right from the app itself, really is a pleasure.The upload speed is fast, and I can straightaway access it from the Dropbox folder on my laptop. What about Google Drive? Absolutely not. All I can do is just viewing and downloading the documents from my Google Drive to the iPad, or open my Microsoft documents in iWork apps. No uploading function available in the app? That's not such a good idea if it really wants to be successful.

Honestly I have nothing against the idea of Google Drive, but until it start building in file uploading feature, I am gonna just stick with my Dropbox account.

No comments:

Post a Comment