Tuesday 4 October 2011

A Day Trip with iPad2

It was the first time I travel with my iPad, 10th October 2011, on a casual trip to Logos Hope ship at Port Klang. Logos Hope is a ship equipped with an extensive collection of literature sold in affordable price. Another speciality of this ship is that the majority of crews are volunteers from different countries, all of them offering their strength to make this book fair more successful. I've been trying use my iPad camera to capture all those memorable scenes that I've experienced on that very day and hope that will provide you with a brief idea of how this event actually took place. First of all, to enter the port, we've to pay RM3 for parking. There's also an entrance fee of RM 1 being charged for each of the visitor, but it is quite cheap, considering the knowledge you are about to gain in the book fair. It's kinda amazing having the chance to explore the ship with the guidance of some really friendly and approachable ship crews. I totally salute those volunteered crews for their high spirit. It makes me feel ashamed of myself, as I complaint a lot when I was given some simple tasks. If compare to what those amazing people are doing, my task is nothing! Instead of frowning over the heavy and stressful tasks they are given, they still put their best effort to enhance our books browsing experience.

Now, back to the event. This new ship is much bigger than the previous ship called MV Doulos, if anyone of you could still recall. This allows the ship to accommodate more visitors from all over the place. The collections are neatly organized, with the genre and book categories clearly labelled on each corner. I'm not trying to exaggerate but the price of the books are really cheap! With a starting price of as low as RM1, it really does worth your time checking out this beatiful book store. For your information, The price of the book is counted by unit, with each unit equal to RM8. So, before you purchase a book, you can calculate the price beforehand to prevent miscalculation. Well, besides the book store, there's also a gallery which tells you stories about the ship and the crews. You are allowed to take as many photos as you wish in the gallery. I tried taking photos in the ship with my iPad but the result is quite poor due to the low light condition. I will show you some of the photos I took below this post. After visiting Logos Hope, I had my dinner at coconut flower garden restaurant. The restaurant is located at Telok Gong. It offers it's famous coconut flower wine. It is alcoholic, and seriously addictive! It also serve delicious seafood like crab, prawn and fish. You should really give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment