Wednesday 9 November 2011

Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish

My enthusiasm in tech began to blossom only quite recently, while I was in the midst of my foundation year. It started with my first Core Duo beauty, the plasticky free DOS HP Compaq Pressario V3000, running the legacy Windows XP Professional. I still can recall my clumsiness while handling my first 14" laptop. I was naive, blur, nervous, and afraid of trying. I even got tricked by my senior who convinced me that he's installing a legitimate Kaspersky antivirus 6.0 for me. And by the time my KAV got blacklisted after 1 month, I noticed that I was fooled. I used to have a hard time trying so hard to protect my laptop from malwares, and having no background in IT made me stumble a lot. My curiosity often cost me, forcing me to send my laptop to the shop pretty much every few months to reformat. It's until a period of time where I started to figure out that I should really start learning. Learning about computer is insanely fun, especially when I'm surrounded by many talented friends for the past four years. Those days are amazing, and having the opportunities to learn stuff from talented and generous people make me tougher.

Tech is my life, my soul, and it flows in my blood. "Stay hungry, stay foolish".  Whether it is tech or any other stuff that matters, learning will never stop :)

No comments:

Post a Comment