Thursday 29 September 2011

iBooks - The impact and potential

I'm regret to admit that I'm not a book lover, but the beauty of iPad's e book library, known as iBooks, has miraculously turned me into a heavy reader of various genre ever since the first day I hold the iPad in my hand. iBooks is a revolutionary idea that could change the world. By having an attractive user interface, it has dragged more and more young readers to it's library. Not only limit to it's pretty look, it's rich functionality also help it to gain more popularity. One main reason why many still resist the urge to get an electronic book reader device, is due to the fact that you can't hold and flip through the pages like you did to your paperback Twilight Saga. With the page turning effect in your iBooks app, you can flip your book's pages naturally. This is indeed addictive, especially when you read a thick novel. Also worth mentioning, is its built-in English dictionary, which you can summon by double tapping the unfamiliar word of your choice. No more excuse can be made for not bringing a dictionary with you.

iBooks is a dream come true to many of us. Many desire to bring along their entire book shelf with them when they go for a vacation. With iBooks library which resembles a solid wooden book shelf, everyone is capable of bringing his or her personal book collection to the beach!

IBooks store is a major hit, and with majority of big publishers joining the crowd, it has totally change the way people buy books. Plus, visiting the book store is as simple as a tap. We know how lazy human can be nowadays, wishing that everything is just steps away. Now with iBooks store, You don't even have to wear your shoes! Just tap on the "store" button and the book shelf will turn around and reveal a virtual bookstore which is neatly categorized. Tap on the price tag and it will turn into a green purchase button. Not sure of what you are interested in? You can tap on the book lightly and it will show you the brief descriptions of the content. Pretty convenient isn't it?

I personally favor the ease of reading my PDF magazines in iBook. I can have a clear full page view unlike reading on my laptop where I've to scroll down the page slowly to read the content. When I want to turn to the next page, I can simply swipe through the pages with either one or two fingers, reading has become so incredibly fun and intuitive. I don't have to learn how to control my ebook, the device just react to my action naturally, and without I noticing, I've already finish reading the whole James Patterson novel!

iBook has the potential of driving more youngsters to the habit of reading. While the lack of reading has become one of the severe issues around the world, the emergent of iPad and it's iBooks can possibly change the world literacy level, and might even miraculously reduce the rate of illiteracy!

No comments:

Post a Comment