Friday 9 September 2011

My 3+1 PC Maintenance Formula


PC users who have been using their PC for a period of time will perhaps experience a change in their system performance. Some even blame their laptop manufacturers for the sluggishness of their laptop. So many of them ask me the same question:" why is your laptop so packed with files, yet so fast.?" Therefore, by writing this post, I hope that my ideas can help to solve this issue, or at least, reduce the pain of our fellow pc users. This post is about speeding up your pc performance, giving it back the speed that it truly deserves. I'll also provide my personal usage recommendation to let you get the best out of your software.

There are usually few steps that I'll certainly take to maintain my pc. The first step is cleaning all the junks in my pc. The software I use is CCleaner. Those who have been following my blog will definitely notice how frequent I mention about CCleaner. It's certainly one of the best free maintenance tools you can get online. It cleans all your junks like temporary files, internet history, recycle bin items, cookies, memory dump, and more. It is easy to use and if you're not sure what you're doing, you can always use the default options and request CCleaner to clean the cookies intelligently prior the installation. Besides junk cleaner, this software can also be used to clean up your registry key. So far I've using this feature every single day and haven't face any undesirable issue, so don't worry about that. This software is small in size, light in resource and execute faster than Windows 7 default Disk Cleanup. Thus, it's a practical choice for those who want to do a clean up on their pc. 
Recommended usage: Once a day.

The second software I'll always recommend is an effective system tuning software. I would really like to recommend 
Tuneup Utilities and Auslogic BoostSpeed which are both really good. However, since they both cost a fortune and Auslogic Boostspeed is no where to be found in our local IT stores (available for online purchase), I will prefer to recommend a much more cost effective option which offers very close effectiveness as the paid software. My suggestion will be Advanced System Care Free by Chinese Company IObit. The optimization options provided are impressive. There are two scan mode offered, which are Quick Care and Deep Care. Quick Care scan takes a short time complete, while Deep Care will take longer time, depends on your file. Sometimes, it might take more than 10 minutes to complete the task, but for the sake of your pc, I suggest you to be patient. Besides the scan mode, there's also some other features that is worth discovered in the toolbox. But I don't really recommend any of you to try the Turbo Boost as it will shut off some of the important core system services to help speed up your pc performance. I can't ensure you that it won't do any harm to your pc, so it's more advisable to just avoid using it.
Recommended usage: Quick Care for once a day; Deep Care for once a week.

The third software is my all time favourite, MyDefrag, which I have once mentioned in my Epic Top Ten blog post. 
After you've clean up all your junks using CCleaner and have tune your pc to optimal condition, the last step you'll need to do is to perform disk defragmentation. Disk defragmentation is used to reduce the amount of fragments in your system. For more information on how defragmentation works, you can check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defragmentation. This software is miraculously effective. If you do mind the ugly old school designed user interface of this software, you can also try Auslogic Disk Defrag software on http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/
Recommended usage: System Disk Daily (Perform 4 day once); System Disk Monthly (A month once)

No comments:

Post a Comment