Monday 19 September 2011

Recovering from Disaster

Hi everyone! I'd been busy the whole night recovering all my PDF PC magazines which vanished after my laptop crashed last night. And now, thank god most of them were successfully recovered (thanks very much to Easeus Data Recovery Professional Edition) , and some, which were corrupted, are in the process of being downloaded. (Note: I'll be writing a post on data recovery in the coming future)

So, since I've got back most of my precious magazines, I would like to take this opportunity to show off my collection (I know it's not much, but it's still worth to be proud about it, so don't mind me, lol). Here are some images of how my e-library looks like.

 
 Image 1: This is my library in Thumbnail view


 
 Image 2: This is how my collection looks like when viewed as a list.


Image 3: The picture above displays my favourite magazine


Alright, enough of showing off, if you're wondering what software am I using to organize my forever expanding ebook collections, I'm actually using Reader by Sony Reader Store. This software is great, supporting popular ebook formats like plain text, PDF, ePub, and Broadband ebook (BBeB). This software includes various attractive functions such as Bookshelf/ Thumbnail View, Split Page View, Two Page View, cloud sync, etc. For Mac users, Sony also offers a Mac version for Mac OSX. For those who prefer full screen view, this software will surely satisfies you. It offers a zero distraction full screen mode which you can switch off anytime easily, using the toolbar at the bottom. When you're not using the toolbar, you can simply move away your mouse and the toolbar will auto-hide itself for better reading experience.

 
 Image 4: You can view your ebook in split page view 
(The toolbar at the bottom will autohide when the mouse pointer is           moved away.)

I know many of us are impressed by the built-in ebook library in Mac. This is the one of the closest free Windows based alternatives that I can find online and I highly recommend it to all my readers who can't live without reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment